PantsOfHonor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PantsOfHonor

A FFXI RP Linkshell on the Lakshmi Server - Please register with your character's name.

2 posters

FFXIV Starting Stats

Nekaru
    Nekaru
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 156
    Jobs : Cor, Smn, Whm, Thf, Dnc, Nin

FFXIV Starting Stats Empty FFXIV Starting Stats

Post  Nekaru Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:41 pm

Here's a look at each of the races based on the adjusted stats. In closed beta all races had 15 in all stats. These are still based on the total of 90 points which 15 in all 6 stats give, but now they've been adjusted to make each group distinct. Midlanders, Wildwood and Duskwight are the most balanced everyone else skews towards physical or mental.

Hyur
    Midlander
    The Midlanders are well balanced in both physical and mental. They are low on Dex (Acc) and Mnd (Magic Def) and above average for everything else.

Highlander
    Very strong race. Best Str and 2nd Best Vit with Avg Dex. On the Magic side of things they're average on Magic Defence (Mnd) and low in the others. Probably the strongest choice for Melee.

Elezen
    Wildwood
    Best Dex and 2nd Best Int. High Piety (Mag Acc) so would be great at archers and magic clases. Although very low in Str and Vit with the Worst Mnd in the game. So take damage worse than others.

Duskwight (Best Int...rest avg)
    Meh. Best Int in the game. (Note that it's the Elzen not the Lalafell that have the best Int.) However only the Highlander has a worse Piety (Mag Acc), so won't hit as much with magic, but when they do it will hurt more. Rest of stats are average. So all in all a meh race stat wise.

Lalafell
    Plainsfolk (Wildwood Elzen with better Mnd)
    Great Dex and Above Average Mental stats. Great for Magic classes.

Dunesfolk (Worst Phys, Best Magic)
    Dunesfolk will fall down if you sneeze on them. But very very strong in all the magic stats.

Miqote
    Seeker of the Sun (Physical Prowess)
    This surprised me, I know it shouldn't have. 3rd best Str, 4th best Vit and 2nd best Dex. Very strong overall, and might be the best physical race of them all. Highlanders and Sea Wolves have better Str and Vit, but the Dex on the Seekers of the Sun gives them high in all three stats. On the mental side...they're below average in all of those.

Keeper of the Moon (Mental Fortitude)
    Just above Dunesfolk for the worst physical stats. The keepers have led sheltered lives fighting books. Heh. But Best Mnd and 2nd Best Piety. They're Int is below average which is why they aren't the best at casting.

Roegadyn
    Sea Wolf
    One of the best Melee in the game. Best Vit, 2nd Best Str, however they have no Dex. Mental stats are weak, with the exception of Mnd so they'd have good Magical Def.

Hellsguard
    I'm not sure how to classify them in physical. 3rd Best Vit behind Sea Wolf and Highlanders, but worst Dex of all the races, and just Avg str. Mentally, they're average as well. 2nd Best Mnd (tied with Dunesfolk) but Int and Pie are just Average.

To look at the best stats of each group and their worst one.
    Midlander - Str, Int, Pie / Mnd
    Highlander - Str, Vit / Pie

Wildwood - Dex, Int, Pie / Mnd
    Duskwight - Int / Pie

Plainsfolk - Dex, Int, Pie / Str
    Dunesfolk - Pie, Mnd, Int / Str

Seeker of the Sun - Dex, Str / Int, Mnd
    Keeper of the Moon - Mnd, Pie / Vit

Sea Wolf - Vit, Str / Int
    Hellsguard - Mnd, Vit / Dex

Nekaru
    Nekaru
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 156
    Jobs : Cor, Smn, Whm, Thf, Dnc, Nin

FFXIV Starting Stats Empty Re: FFXIV Starting Stats

Post  Nekaru Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:31 pm

Please note that you can adjust your stats each level, so after three levels you can have your mental/physical stats pass up the higher one if you wanted to do a physical type of a race that favors magic and vice versa.

Also, sounds like I'll be starting out on the Lindblum server if anyone wanted to join me there.
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 259
    Jobs : 42 DRG/ 21 THF

Post  Rhoa Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:42 pm

Hmm... while I'm horribly tempted to play a catgirl...and got a kick out of the hooker catgirls at the start of the desert town... if I do get around to playing it'll have to be the hellsguard or something. I'd be manly for once.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:49 am