PantsOfHonor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PantsOfHonor

A FFXI RP Linkshell on the Lakshmi Server - Please register with your character's name.

2 posters

FFXIV Release Date Confirmed!

Nekaru
    Nekaru
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 156
    Jobs : Cor, Smn, Whm, Thf, Dnc, Nin

FFXIV Release Date Confirmed! Empty FFXIV Release Date Confirmed!

Post  Nekaru Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:16 am

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/7178-ffxiv-to-be-released-on-september-30th-2010/?s=64848c777ba8a3df636978051d36d246

Release dates are September 22 for Collectors Edition and September 30 for Standard Edition. Each one comes with a pre-order bonus. I'd love to get both bonuses, but would require a wait I think since...
    "Obtaining in-game bonus items requires a Square Enix account. Once you register your reward code to your Square Enix account, all new characters that you create from then on will receive the in-game item. Characters created before you link the reward code to your Square Enix account, however, will not receive the in-game item.

Pricing Plans are as follows:
    $12.99 a month for one character and one retainer.
    $3 for each aditional character (to a max of 8 characters total)
    $1 for each aditional retainer.

$3 is ouch. But they're separating extra playing characters vs mules. As that's what retainers really are. They'll be characters you give items to that can sell them when you're offline.

Also, the main site is updated:
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/#/world/races

And I learned something I should've noticed before, but I think I was thinking this is just one picture they will be more. Apparently the main distinction between the Seekers of the Sun and the Keepers of the Moon is the pupils of their eyes. Seekers have vertical slits, while Keepers have ones that are larger than normal. So now I'm torn. I think I like the looks of the Sun more than the Moon. But I've always played moon stuff. And the patron of the moon is the wife of the patron of wanderers (which I was going to choose). But I might pick 'sun' and be different.

Anyway, I'm getting excited!
    Nekaru
    Nekaru
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 156
    Jobs : Cor, Smn, Whm, Thf, Dnc, Nin

FFXIV Release Date Confirmed! Empty Re: FFXIV Release Date Confirmed!

Post  Nekaru Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:27 am

Toying around ideas for multiple characters. I'm not liking the $3 per extra character slot though...so odds are I'll probably only have one main and maybe one alt.

Anyway I think I'm going to go with the family name of Nekaru and so far here's three ones I've played around with. (Note: There will be no apostraphies unless they change it to allow them.)

Mi'wan Nekaru (Archer) - Likes to travel the world and wander around from place to place to find new people, new adventure and new things to cook.

Sae Nekaru (Pugalist) - //Yes, this is a nod to Sae// A little bit of a ditz, but has the knack for being in the right place at the right time. Likes to see everyone get along. Travels the world, but gets lost on the way. Steals from others not out of malace, but out of curiousity of what they have in their pockets.

Ji'dan Nekaru (Gladiator) - Didn't want to be a lancer like the rest of Gridania's protectors, so she took up sword and shield. Believes she needs to be as strong as she can to protect those she cares about. Is less open to strangers until they prove themselves to her.

Yes, I know I won't use all of these and will probably only use Mi'wan Nekaru, but I like coming up with stories for each one I make, even if not used in the end.
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 259
    Jobs : 42 DRG/ 21 THF

Post  Rhoa Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:54 am

I'll probably stick with just one character unless I REALLY liked the game. Still clueless on what I'd make. wanted to make a Ryogadin but the Mi'quote are getting more and more appealing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 12:47 am