PantsOfHonor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PantsOfHonor

A FFXI RP Linkshell on the Lakshmi Server - Please register with your character's name.

2 posters

Valentone's Day (Almost)

Nekaru
    Nekaru
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 156
    Jobs : Cor, Smn, Whm, Thf, Dnc, Nin

Valentone's Day (Almost) Empty Valentone's Day (Almost)

Post  Nekaru Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:32 pm

Valentone’s Night (Almost)

As Rhoa left Nekaru at the docks, she leaned against the wall, letting it keep her in a sitting position. Watching the ships come into the docks through the thick fog she let her mind wander back to the night in Port Bastok where she stowed away and met the Mithra that would be her husband. Altana how she missed him. Then she got thinking to what Saehel told her, that Mister Humaisna was in a bad mood because it was Valentone’s and the Moogles don’t let a couple of a same sex participate.

Jumping up she staggered a bit, and then finally righted herself and began to head to the Moogle in charge in Southern San d’Oria. On the way she stopped at a pub to see if she could find someone else to help. She saw numerous candidates, but eventually settled for the Galka hunched over the bar.

“Hey there. What’s yourrr name?”

The galka looked up, “Striking Bull. Wud do you want?”

She wryly smiled, this one would work perfectly. “I need help. You rrrun arrround with me tonight for Valentone’s and I’ll buy you thrrrree bottles of what’s on stock, you’rrre pick. One now, one halfway thrrrough and one when we’rrrre done.”

Striking Bull looked up at her, unsure of what to say. Finally he responded, “Sure, but I have pretty expensive tastes.”

“I’d be disappointed if you didn’t.”

After buying a large bottle of the most expensive alcohol they had, the two went out to the Moogle. “Oh, and one last thing. I’m going to say you’rrrre trrrue name is Haeru, okay?”

“Why’s that?”

“No questions, just drrrrink!” she retorted back.

After running around the city giving chocolate hearts to aspiring lovers for a bit Nekaru called him back, “Little Galka! You rrrrun to slow, I’m alrrready done with my deliverrries.” Then she went up to him with bottle number two. But before she handed it to him she took a swig of it. “I needed to know what this stuff tasted like. Herrrrre you go.”

The Galka grabed the bottle and started drinking from it as well. “This is one of the best night’s I’ve had. Good night, good company, good drink.”

“Don’t get the wrrrrong idea little galka…afterrr bottle thrrree I’m on my way.”

The odd pair finished delivering the candy hearts to the various singles in San d’Oria, and then went to the Moogle for their rewards. “Let me do the talking, not a word frrrom you orrr no thirrrd bottle.”

“Mr. Moogle, my dearrrr frrriend would like the special Vanlenton’s chocolate.” Nekaru said while hanging on the Galka’s arm.

The Moogle looked up, “And his name is?”

“We’d like to use his galkan name, it’s Haeru, ech, ay, ee, are, you.” She winked at the moogle. “And forrr mine, I want that chocolate as well. And my name is Humaisssa. Ech, you, em, aa, eye, sna. And don’t you get it wrrrong.”

After the Moogle gave them two Cupid Chocolates, one with Humaisna’s name and one with Haeru’s name Nekaru dragged the Galka off to the bar and bought him the third large bottle of alcohol. As he poured her a drink from it he proposed a toast. “To a good night and a good drink!” Nekaru took the drink with him and then took her leave. As she stumbled through the door she made her way towards the Mog Houses.

After getting lost along some side streets, she finally made it to her destination. Taking out a piece of paper, she penned a short little note.

“Haeru and Humaisna,

Wishing you happiness on this festive holiday. Happy Valentones!

~Nekaru”

She wanted to write more, but thought that short and to the point would be best. Her eyes welled up with tears as she was thinking back to her lost love and how it wasn’t fair that the storm took him and not her. Finally noticing what she was doing, she folded up the tear stained note, hoping they wouldn’t notice the smudge of some of the letters, and put it in an envelope with the two chocolates from the Moogle. Sliding it into the side of the door where it would fall out and be found when they opened the door, she stepped back and fell to the ground letting all her tears out. The wave of emotion that had been going on had taken its toll on her.

Thinking she might’ve heard a noise, she quickly stood up and cast Warp.

Back in Bastok she wandered the streets and saw the late night revilers. After the emotional drain and the drinking she didn’t want to be alone. She missed him so much. Eventually she found herself at Saehel’s place. Quietly letting herself in to not disturb the others, she looked around. Coravin and Saehel were there sleeping on the bed in each other’s arms. Nekaru smiled. This was her family. And she was happy to see them sleeping so peacefully.

Going to a corner of the room she curled up into a ball. The thoughts of the day were still with her, but as night’s sleepy embrace touched her, she closed her eyes and let herself fall into the world of dreams.
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 259
    Jobs : 42 DRG/ 21 THF

Valentone's Day (Almost) Empty Re: Valentone's Day (Almost)

Post  Rhoa Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:29 pm

Nekaru wrote:Valentone’s Night (Almost)

As Rhoa left Nekaru at the docks, she leaned against the wall, letting it keep her in a sitting position. Watching the ships come into the docks through the thick fog she let her mind wander back to the night in Port Bastok where she stowed away and met the Mithra that would be her husband. Altana how she missed him. Then she got thinking to what Saehel told her, that Mister Humaisna was in a bad mood because it was Valentone’s and the Moogles don’t let a couple of a same sex participate.

The thought "Make your own Valentones, with hookers and blackjack!" came into my head... am I a bad person?