PantsOfHonor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PantsOfHonor

A FFXI RP Linkshell on the Lakshmi Server - Please register with your character's name.

4 posters

Rhoa (blank)

Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 259
    Jobs : 42 DRG/ 21 THF

Rhoa (blank) Empty Rhoa (blank)

Post  Rhoa Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:31 am

So I've decided that Rhoa needs a last name. I talked to Jestor about an idea I had of naming her after an NPC that's somewhere in the <s> vana'diel but he brought up a good point that the past causes so many problems if tampered with that it may not be such a hot idea-and we most likely won't get there to take advantage of it. While I search through the NPC list for how their last names work anyone wanna throw an idea on the table?
    Jestor
    Jestor
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 173
    Jobs : SCH, PUP, BLU

Rhoa (blank) Empty Re: Rhoa (blank)

Post  Jestor Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:22 am

Just pick a good sounding family name.

Truthfully Nekaru never had a last name...but then again she started as a street rat raised by a Galka Thf, so her name was given by him.

Eventually in her story though there were two other Mithra players who RPed as sisters and they adopted her into their family. Their family name was Zaf Ryawan (I might have the spelling wrong since I'm horrible at it and it's been years and those stories were lost.)

The Mithra have a real tribal culture as seen in Kazham and Windurst. Those that leave the tribe (as it sounds like Rhoa's mother did) are not normally welcomed back. They're treated just like any other adventurer. So maybe Rhoa's mother gave up her name when she went off to fight in the war with Sandy.

Or you could leave it blank and have that be something Rhoa searches for because she feels uncomfortable with everyone else having one and her not.
    Keahi
    Keahi
    Shellholder
    Shellholder

Number of posts : 173
    Jobs : RDM/BLM/WHM/BRD/BLU

Post  Keahi Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:06 pm

The mithra names always sounded polynesian to me. Or you can do what I do and play the "bang on the keyboard til it looks like a name" game. ^^
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:01 pm

So like I said, posting here.

Still no last name but I'll try to get something asap-this week is going to be hell for me. Still have that thought in my head that attaching Rhoa to an NPC in the past would be cool but I'm trying to divorce the idea.
    Reasons being because all the NPCs in the past seem to are not only still alive but hanging around in the present...strange how many people survived. I have very few options in that case, looking for NPCs that vanish and aren't in the present, but I can't find any backstory info on the characters aside from what they do in-game.

I'm probably gonna just make something up when I have time, and make a story for her parents and since everyone's working on it I'd like to try and get everyone involved...but that requires time I simply do not have for a few weeks.

If you guys wanna talk/ask/suggest anything feel free, I doubt there's much to talk about though...
    Nekaru
    Nekaru
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 156
    Jobs : Cor, Smn, Whm, Thf, Dnc, Nin

Post  Nekaru Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:36 pm

The questions I see are.

1) What is the family (mother's) last name? This is something that probably can't be avoided now. I'd still suggest just making up a name and then filling in the story later.

2) What happened to the mother? This one is all up to you. What story did you want her to have? What ties to different things did you want? Or you could leave this one open for Rhoa to discover as things come up and you wanted to fit them in.

3) What happened to the father? Was he shipped somewhere for safety? Was he killed? Even though they're not seen due to extreamly low numbers there are male Mithra out there. So he'd be 'somewhere' if he's still around.

Did you want the mother tied to the Dragoons?
    Did you still want the link to Tavnazia? (I could look up NPCs there)
    And you're right a lot of NPCs are around mostly because they thought it would be neat to show the players the NPCs they knew in the present where they were before. Even in Bastok there's Wahid so you can see him prior to the rotund version that's in Bastok Mines now. I can look up the Mithra in Windurst (S) and post their names.

Jestor won't be able to help much at all because all his ties are to Bastok. Unless you wanted to have him stumble upon any information.

I'd be willing to put Nek in a position to assist if you wanted. Just let me know how you'd want to do that. She's good at information gathering, mostly through underground ties.
    Nekaru
    Nekaru
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Nekaru Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:56 pm

Here's the list of Mithra I found in Windurst (S). I will say that of all the (S) cities that Windurst is the most depressing of all three. Not as beautiful as it looks outside of war.

Lhu Mhakaracca (Bst with Relic Weapon)
    Haja Zhwan
    Mikhe Aryohcha
    Vhino Delkahngo
    Eih Lhogotan
    Miah Riyuh (somewhat in charge of things)
    Mhoti Pyiahrs
    Dhea Prandoleh
    Cattah Pamjah (Traveling Bard)
    Romaa Mihgo (Naja’s Mother)
    Rohn Ehlbalna
    Pahpe Rauulih
    Nhel Urhahn
    Rakh Mhappyoh
    Khea Mhyyih
    Kleh Engyumoh
    Tohs Jhannih
    Rakih Lyhall
    Chioh Remhrll
    Aihn Sowlmirih
    Tahl Mhioguch
    Kocco Ehllek (kid)
    Rohn Ehlbalna (stand in mother for Kocco)
    Sahnn Dhansett
    Vhino Delkahngo (From Ulbuka – from the west)
    Pihra Rhebenslo (armor storage)
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:17 pm

Rhoa Nahef, daughter of Kohau Nahef. Sound good?
    Nekaru
    Nekaru
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Nekaru Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:44 pm

If you like it, then yeah, it sounds good.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:33 pm