PantsOfHonor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PantsOfHonor

A FFXI RP Linkshell on the Lakshmi Server - Please register with your character's name.

3 posters

The Misadventures of Keahi Hualtica

Keahi
    Keahi
    Shellholder
    Shellholder

Number of posts : 173
    Jobs : RDM/BLM/WHM/BRD/BLU

The Misadventures of Keahi Hualtica Empty The Misadventures of Keahi Hualtica

Post  Keahi Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:57 pm

Road the ferry to Aht Urhgan today. This place is huge! Gold fireplace in the rent-a-rooms. Some of the guards are jerks though. Anyway, met a guy, Waoud, who I thought was a fortune teller til he started asking us weird questions about whether or not we'd fight our friends or if I'd give up all all my stuff to read a forbidden scroll. I would have if he'd thrown in that starbox. Said he was just jerking my chain when I shot him a weird look. He asked that Jestor, Humai, and I find him some stuff for his mom in lieu of gil. Fat lie that was, but I just so happened to have some sunsand and would willingly give that over money. Had Min go fetch it for me. Of course then Waoud said that I had to give it to his buddy instead, and then the guy didn't even want it when Jestor and I found him. Kinda startled me when he just popped up out of no where. Thought he was gonna try and rob us while he talked about unlocking our potential and how this task proved we were seeking power. Not sure how digging something out of storage qualifies me, but I'm not complaining because it turns out they're called the Immortals and they want us to become blue mages. Now that's something I'm definitely interested in. Wish they'd started the conversation with that instead of jumping us and dragging us away. Don't really know what happened after that. Overheard something about eyes and cobalt and brink of death before I woke up later in town feeling like a tremor ram had kicked me in the head. Same with Jestor. He fell over when I shoved him. Sae bought us coffees. Ultimately decided not to tell Humaisna about that last part because if they were picking him too, that might skew his view on the matter. Bet he'll be pissed at me for not saying anything. Guess I'll call it a day and then try out this absorbing abilities from your enemies thing tomorrow. Blue mage yay! Note to self: cheering when your head is killing you is not a good idea.
    Keahi
    Keahi
    Shellholder
    Shellholder

The Misadventures of Keahi Hualtica Empty Re: The Misadventures of Keahi Hualtica

Post  Keahi Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:53 am

After several mind-numbingly boring hours of letting a rabbit kick me in the kneecaps so I could watch, I think I've finally figured out how to copy the attack into a spell. Exciting though this is, I am going to be a cripple before I become a powerful blue mage. Hopefully after you grasp it the first time, the rest come easier.

Last edited by Keahi on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Jestor
    Jestor
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Jobs : SCH, PUP, BLU

The Misadventures of Keahi Hualtica Empty Re: The Misadventures of Keahi Hualtica

Post  Jestor Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:32 am

(( I'm just amazed Keahi has the paitence for it. I can just see her standing there restraining herself after each time it kicks her, holding in the urge to kick it back, until she finally just gives in, kills it and says 'Fine, maybe this next rabbit won't be as stupid and it will teach me!'. ))
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 259
    Jobs : 42 DRG/ 21 THF

Post  Rhoa Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:44 am

(I saw it more along the lines of she kept killing the rabits on impulse after they kick her, cursing then running off to find another.)
    Keahi
    Keahi
    Shellholder
    Shellholder

Post  Keahi Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:03 pm

((Hehe.. you're both more or less right. :D))
    Keahi
    Keahi
    Shellholder
    Shellholder

Post  Keahi Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:05 am

Put blue mage training aside for a moment, aka let woodland creatures beat on you while you stare at them like you're retarded, to say hey to Jess while I was in Sandy. I like her. Shame she's stationed in elf town and won't come out to Bastok to adventure with us.
    Keahi
    Keahi
    Shellholder
    Shellholder

Post  Keahi Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:06 am

Met up with everyone in Selbina. Had a good day out in the dunes. Spent nearly all my money on some new scrolls before we left. Well, actually after we left. Forgot them and had to go back. Gonna be best friends with Conrad if I keep that up. Hung out with the group at Sae's mom's place. Jestor tried to pull a fast one, but I saw through it, yay me! There's a new girl, Kinikko. Has a problem sitting still. We'll see how she turns out once she gets a few months under her belt. Taught everyone how to fish. Some people kept catching rusty boots and buckets. Note: Saehel can fix broken fishing rods. We all split up and went looking for Mog Tablets. Didn't find any. Since I ended up in Windurst, I decided to stay a little while and visit Tero. He gave me a couple gil so I bought a few more scrolls and sat around studying them most the night. One of which was Raise. Take that, boys! I can do it now too!

I'm going to be poor forever.
    Keahi
    Keahi
    Shellholder
    Shellholder

Post  Keahi Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:18 am

Said bye to Tero and headed back to Bastok. Went to Altepa with Humai and Jestor. I've only been out that way once before now. Worked on refining our magic and swordsmanship rather than our brute strength. Did pretty well if I do say so myself. Anticons are so weird looking. Stopped in Rabao before warping back. They've got Sunbreeze festivities set up as well. I will insist we go goldfish scooping here. If we can't do it in Windurst, the hot springs are so much cheerier than the fumaroles.
    Keahi
    Keahi
    Shellholder
    Shellholder

Post  Keahi Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:43 pm

Was planning on waiting to enjoy the festivities with everyone, but I couldn't help myself. Last year they gave out rewards. Wasn't gonna miss out on the one this year either! Mumor always seemed a bit lame to me, but no sense cheering her on and looking bored about it. By the end of the show, I got into it. Even danced along. Er.. with Uka too. Couple people gave me odd looks, but I didn't care. Turned out to be kinda fun! Moogle gave me a new yukata for audience participation. Looking like a fool in public? Completely worth it.

----------------

Bumped into Rhoa in Port on the way to meet up with the group. One of the old vendors, Kachada, waved us over and asked how Rhoa's training was going. He'd given us some pretty awesome stuff before back when Rhoa was just starting out. Love this guy. Chatted for a bit. Gave Rhoa a lunar cap that looks like the sol one he gave me earlier. Everyone commented our matching hats when we turned up for the show.

Even though I already got the yukata, cheered with the audience anyway. Jestor and Humai didn't seem to thrilled about it, but Nini was ecstatic. Once everyone had collected a yukata of their own, one of the moogles said he'd teleport us to the other nations to see the festivities there just for having played along. COMPLETELY WORTH IT! Played a bunch of carnival games. Didn't really care for the one in Windurst. Too hard. And the creepy taru kept hitting on all the girls. Ran by to say hey to Tero while I was in town. Bought some more fishing bait too. Turns out I'm pretty good at the San d'Orian game where you spot the differences (but not enough to beat the high score). Jestor was almost as good as me and Kinikko tied me once! Sae was awful. Don't think I've ever heard her swear that much (or possibly ever?). Wonder if that's how I get when I play Venture. We promised to not make fun of each other when we lose in either case, even though it was pretty hilarious. Moogle gave us fancy new swimsuits for beating all the games! If it weren't for the fact that I like the swimsuit, might think he was a little pervy for doing so. Least we didn't go back to the taru guy after that.

Did go to Rabao to play the goldfish game like I wanted. Slight mishap on the way through Korroloka when a jelly attacked Kinikko, but I handled it. Yay Raise! Found out I'm pretty awesome at goldfish scooping too! Kept catching huge ones! Said I'd get enough points to buy enough materials that Sae can build the whole linkshell fishtanks and glowfly cages and I think I might have done it. Sae's gotten really good at woodworking. Can't wait! Side note: Aenini is entirely adorable in her swimsuit. Also.. could be wrong, but I think Rhoa's boobs are bigger than mine. Unfair.

Started to get late so Humai, Aenini, and Kinikko headed back to town. Turns out that... magic scary jaw.. thing.. I saw in Sarutabaruta isn't from the tarutaru. Others have seen them too, all over Vana'diel. Wonder what they're about? Jestor's gonna look into them. Might be something like the crags. No one's really sure where they came from either. Jestor also said you can actually get INSIDE the crags and it's like another world inside. So going to have to do that sometime.

Think Jestor finally figured out what he's scared of. Might just be that mithra have more in common with beastmen than humes do or maybe because he's training harder than I am or perhaps I already have an "anchor" as he put it, but I'm not afraid of losing myself to blue magic. Not to say that it couldn't actually happen, but it doesn't frighten me. I'm fairly certain that I'm strong enough to pull it off. Maybe I should go back to working on my blue mage training to prove it. After all, they picked me. And they picked Humai and Jestor too.

----------------

A quick comic I did earlier in the week about the swimsuits lol

The Misadventures of Keahi Hualtica Boobs
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 259
    Jobs : 42 DRG/ 21 THF

Post  Rhoa Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:32 pm

Love the visual aid, so here's one of my own! Keahi and Aenini fishing!
    The Misadventures of Keahi Hualtica Keahi_aenini_fishing
    Keahi
    Keahi
    Shellholder
    Shellholder

Post  Keahi Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:52 pm

(hahaha WIN)
    Keahi
    Keahi
    Shellholder
    Shellholder

Post  Keahi Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:55 pm

In Windurst. Thinking about becoming a bard. Boys are dumb.
    Keahi
    Keahi
    Shellholder
    Shellholder

Post  Keahi Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:47 am

What?!
    -------------------

(I lied to you Carol. THIS is the shortest journal entry ever. XD)

[edit] And in your head it should sound like this: http://www.megavideo.com/?v=SVO70GAT @ 10min41sec. [/edit]
    Keahi
    Keahi
    Shellholder
    Shellholder

Post  Keahi Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:34 pm

Thought I lost this! Found it when I went to Knightwell last night. Apparently I shoved it in my bag under my fishing gear last time I was in San d'Oria. When I when drinking with Jesimae. Did I go fishing while drunk? Can't remember...

Let's see. Went to Delkfutt's Tower, land of ridiculous stairs, rescued the Bastok ambassador to Jeuno who had apparently gotten trapped in there, and became "attachés of the Embassy to Jeuno". Sounds like we're big fancy heroes when you say it like that. Wonder what kind of dangerous mess Ambassador Altair's gonna get us into since he said he had us in mind for something in the future.

Struck up a conversation with the doc looking after Altair, Monberaux (silly elvaan names). Interrupted by the ducal guard shouting something about questioning one of the doc's patients. When Monberaux went outside to tell them to screw off, the patient, an extremely pale little boy walked out, handed me an amulet all kinda creepy like, and ran off, casting invisible or something. Guards couldn't catch him. Monberaux told me to hang on to it, as though he had to tell me heh. Followed the guards to see if I could get an idea of what was up when I overheard them talking about the shattered crystals at the crags. Decided right then and there that I was gonna figure out how to get inside one on my own.

And I did. On the way back to Bastok, I stopped at the Crag of Dem and found I could enter at the broken crystal. Everything was eerie and tinted green and dark. Looked almost like it had been decayed, but by magic maybe. Jestor said it was dangerous, but I managed alright by myself. At least on the level I found myself. Couldn't get down. Or up for that matter. Or to this tower at the center of it all. If I thought I could jump to the next floor without falling into what looks like a bottomless pit, I would have leapt off the edge. Figured I'd have to come back with others.

Yesterday most of us got together for a round of Outpost Warriors! Which mostly involved a lot of being invisible and sneaking past what could possibly be the heartiest rabbits I have EVER seen. Sae and I cheered on the avatars of a summoner taking them on. Rhoa made it back from her training in Windurst just in time for the trip. Got separated a couple times because some of us didn't have maps and some of us aren't mages, but we made it. Outpost supplies delivered!

On the way back, people split up to head home when Humaisna idly mentioned the Holla crag. I bugged them to go in. It was mostly the same, but slightly different from Dem. Things were more blue and I didn't see any dilapidated windmills, but the same memory husk creatures and glowy things were there. Collected a memory remnant from one of them. Not sure yet what that place is, but will have to look into it.

After the boys split, stopped to do a little fishing on the walk back from La Theine since carp sells so well in San d'Oria (and thus found this blasted book) and this crag stuff got me curious. Caved and climbed up in the maw in Ronfaure. Nothing happened. Will have to look into those too.

Guess I'll go practice my cornette a little bit and see what I can turn up here in elf town.

Side note, no one's mentioned anything since the bard incident. Maybe it'll stay that way.

((in case it isn't clear, as it's been pointed out that it might not be, the "it" Keahi is referring to finding under her fishing gear is her journal))

Last edited by Keahi on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jestor
    Jestor
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Jestor Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:54 pm

(( you're right, it won't be brought up again, and based on what you and I talked about, james and I agreed the best way to settle it would be for me to revise the words spoken...which is what took us so long last monday since that was the first time we had the chance to get things taken care of about this all.

So here are the revised words, use it as you see fit.

"Rhoa,

You asked me how I knew where you would be. I tried to answer, and yet you still did not understand. You need to find someone who can speak to things in a way that you can understand, because apparently I fail at that.

I suggest you visit the Galka in the mines. They are a strong and proud people. There’s word that their Talekeeper is among them, and he is one who knows more stories and tales than there are stars in the sky.

And on a personal note, you are an attractive young lady. But through your actions I cannot tell if you’re trying to win over a young man or not. You dress in a way that attracts attention, and yet you get embarrassed by it. Please examine the intentions of your attire so you do not accidently send mixed signals to others."

James was saying people would have to rewrite things, but I said that no one has posted anything about it and if it was in the past, it would be in the past, however seeing your and Humai's posts today, figured I would need to say something.))
    Keahi
    Keahi
    Shellholder
    Shellholder

Post  Keahi Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:44 am

((Keahi is glad it's over. But she also partially meant by that she was alone with Jestor and he didn't say anything about the song. XD She was mildly expecting it after Humai left. Though no, I don't think anyone else really needs to change anything. We were mostly purposely vague about it. But thanks for giving us the end result!))
    Jestor
    Jestor
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Jestor Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:08 pm

(( Yeah...I think he's dropped that from his mind unless she said something...since he views her as the vocal always have an opinion on things. Give him time and he might follow up on it, I don't know. *chuckle*))
    Keahi
    Keahi
    Shellholder
    Shellholder

Post  Keahi Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:10 pm

Seemed everyone was busy or otherwise occupied today, so we had a free day. Decided to just stay where I was in San d'Oria. Went fishing of course. As much as Knightwell is profitable, may have to look for a new fishing hole soon as it's just gotten too easy here. Least for me. Some people are better at catching buckets than fish heh.

Bumped into Rhoa who also had no plans for the evening and she came to fish too. Made some small talk. May have.. overreacted a little bit. They're just friends, Keahi. Quit being retarded. While later, Jestor got on the linkshell because his boring paperwork was boring. Had a moogle warp him out to where we were and tried his hand at fishing too. Apparently moat carp are imaginary. Rhoa fell asleep while we were all chatting so we dragged her back to town, got her a rent-a-room, and left her with a happy face bucket helmet. Ah, reminds me of when we were kids. And also calls attention to the fact that Jestor is short and kinda scrawny. Need to have lunch with the twins in the near future.

Two things. First, in The History of Keahi Hualtica, I will be known as The Fire Mage. Second, Tero apparently said flowery romantic things about me to Rhoa.

Good day to go fishing.
    Keahi
    Keahi
    Shellholder
    Shellholder

Post  Keahi Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:06 pm

The maws are a portal into the past. Roughly twenty years. Twenty years ago was the Crystal War. This causes a whole slew of opportunities and even greater problems. Humai's dad, Coravin's mom, even Gram. The Shadow Lord was defeated at the end of the war. Do the maws have some connection to him? Does that mean that what the eye said is true? Is he really coming back?
    Keahi
    Keahi
    Shellholder
    Shellholder

Post  Keahi Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:34 am

Had a drink with Jes and F today (every time I forget how tall he is haha) and it occurred to me that I hadn't written in this for a while. So let's see..

Music's coming along. Spent some time practicing with Nini, me playing so she'd have something to dance to. Got a new tree from the smilebringers to add to my holiday collection. Sae's aunt got her kid, Sae's cousin, to come out adventuring with us. Really haven't spent much time around him yet to see how he's progressing, but he actually looks a lot like a young Haeru so at least it's fun to tease Humai about that. He gets all embarrassed ha. Nini and I did some reading up on the Crystal War in the Windurst library. Found some stuff about some mithra woman who apparently betrayed the allies and may or may not have some connection to Rhoa's mom. Still need to talk to her about that later. Got distracted because Nekaru tried to, I don't know, hang out? Yeah. Oh and Sharzalion, that dick, sent me and the rest of the group out into Davoi to get our asses kicked just for some orcish food? And then he launches into some lame ass story about a ghost in the cathedral and something about Curilla's dad being a red mage or some shit. I don't even know. Wuss. Amandil hadn't heard anything and I'm inclined to believe him. Decked Sharz good when we got back to make up for all the blows to the head I ended up taking trying to find the damned storage space the green skins kept the damned food in. What a jackass.

This sword is pretty awesome though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content