PantsOfHonor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PantsOfHonor

A FFXI RP Linkshell on the Lakshmi Server - Please register with your character's name.

3 posters

Spammer's Quiz

Keahi
    Keahi
    Shellholder
    Shellholder

Number of posts : 173
    Jobs : RDM/BLM/WHM/BRD/BLU

Spammer's Quiz Empty Spammer's Quiz

Post  Keahi Tue May 25, 2010 6:21 pm

Eh, some spamfuckface posted a bunch of stuff, but this message seems to have come from a legitimate source at some point. I wonder if it was yanked from another FFXI forum (likely Allakhazam) or if they actually read something and wrote this based on it. The world may never know. Either way, I thought it might be fun to leave it here after removing the spam links. ^_^

There are not many of us around these days. Only a handful of us will remember when Allakhazam didn't have server forums so some members opened their Journals to host Server specific talk. Those were the days, the days when the game was fresh, everyone was excited, and the boards weren't spammed with "Alla Pager" and "Server Takeover" crap.

That being said, I thought that I should probably try and entice some form of quality conversation here. So I came up with a set of 10 questions. Honestly answer them, but if you aren't going to try, don't bother.

Quote:
    1) How long have you been playing FFXI for (and playtime if possible)?

2) When you started playing FFXI, did you have a specific job in mind, and if so did you ever complete said job?

3) Is that job still as loved now as it was back when you wanted to become one?

4) What one event/moment during your playing time will you regard as the highlight of your time spent playing FFXI?

5) Same as question 4, but this time the low point of your time spent playing FFXI?

6) How long can you see yourself playing this game (in its current state) if SE said tomorrow "We will not be updating this game anymore, but we will leave the servers up"?

7) Of all the expansions, which one do you regard as the best, and why?

If you won a competition to change one thing in FFXI what would it be?

9) Same as question 8, but you had the ability to add one thing in FFXI what would it be?

10) Name one Lakshmi player would you regard as a celebrity?
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 259
    Jobs : 42 DRG/ 21 THF

Spammer's Quiz Empty Re: Spammer's Quiz

Post  Rhoa Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:36 am

1) I think for a little under a year now. Gold membership and all that.

2) Dragoon. I'm gonna have to say heck yeah I accomplished it. Got to lev. 60 and got the Dragoon AF armor. I honestly thought that was a dream and I'd never get high enough to do it. Thanks to Dennis/Nekaru for that.

3) Absolutely. If the group was still playing I'd have reason to hit 75.

4) Lots of little things here and there. I think the most fun was trying to figure out what the hell Rhoa was trying to do.

5) Shouldn't have to say it, it's obvious.

6) My interest hinges on if the rest of the group plays, otherwise it's Warcraft all over again. Considering everyone's in indefinite hiatus It's just gonna sit and wait.

7) I can't say, never actually got to do any of the expansion's content. I hear Dragoon was an added class from one of the expansions... so whichever expansion had Dragoon with it.

Hard to say... either change combat so it uses hotkeys similar to how WoW had it set up... but then it wouldn't really be unique. maybe make the environments a little more then empty spaces surrounded by 90 degree straight up mountains. something so characters could jump and explore stuff.

9) Jumping.

10) I don't know anyone outside the group. I guess *in* the group Aenini or Keahi. Keahi was the one that got Rhoa involved with the group and the two had a lot to talk about. Aenini because she was a bizzare character all the way through-and she wanted to be a dragoon also.
    Nekaru
    Nekaru
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 156
    Jobs : Cor, Smn, Whm, Thf, Dnc, Nin

Post  Nekaru Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:56 am

1) How long have you been playing FFXI for (and playtime if possible)?

Since NA Beta, which I think is almost 8 years. Playtime is around 360 days. ><

2) When you started playing FFXI, did you have a specific job in mind, and if so did you ever complete said job?

When I started playing I wanted to play a Thf. I've always been fond of quick characters and loved Thieves in the FF Series. I even studied up the fuidama technique from the Jpn thieves (until they removed that from the game).

I got frustrated with Thf though because everyone and their brother had Thf, and no one wanted them in the party 'cause they were not a good DD, they were a support character that wasn't needed in an exp party. So I put it on the shelf and worked on Summoner.

I came back to Thf with the RP linkshell Dawn and was able to get it up to 60 and get the AF armor for it. Then it got put on the shelf again.

A few years later, after I got Smn, Whm and Cor up to 75, I finally came back to Thf. Mostly because I had finally got the AF2 hands that would give an extra level of Treasure Hunter. Thanks to being able to solo level in the past time areas I was able to get Thf to 75 and complete the first job I ever leveled in the game.

3) Is that job still as loved now as it was back when you wanted to become one?

I don't know that it is. I still love Thf a lot but it just turned into one part of the character. What I loved about Thf was they were the knowledge gainers. A Thf could make or break a party based on their knowledge of camp areas and pulling speed. But I loved Smn since I always loved the Summons in the FF games. At the same time I do love pirates and thus Corsair was right up my alley. That and I do like 'random' events and Corsair's power was totally based on a 'random' chance.

So in the end I think it was one of the ones I liked a lot, but wasn't 'the' job.

4) What one event/moment during your playing time will you regard as the highlight of your time spent playing FFXI?

The final cutscene from Chains of Promathia story. I say this for many reasons. (1) It is an awesome story and cutscene. And (2) The group of people I was with at the time. They were friendly and we had a set party for all of the missions. And it was really cool to do the missions as a set party and thus it felt like this was our group that was going through the story together. That and they were HARD and took a lot of planning. So when you finally got to the end it really felt like you put in the time and effort and were rewarded.

5) Same as question 4, but this time the low point of your time spent playing FFXI?

The first run as Thf. Sitting in Jeuno for over a week and not getting an exp party. That was when I stopped Thf and playing for awhile.

6) How long can you see yourself playing this game (in its current state) if SE said tomorrow "We will not be updating this game anymore, but we will leave the servers up"?

I don't know...I think I might be done. I reached my last goal of getting the chocobo chick outfit and I think I need a break from the game and when I'd be ready to come back FFXIV will be out and I am planning on playing that game.

7) Of all the expansions, which one do you regard as the best, and why?

Chains of Promathia. It added the best zones and had the best story.

If you won a competition to change one thing in FFXI what would it be?

Ever since I first saw One Piece I'd wanted an ability on my character to swap out headgear to put a third sword there. Silly I know.

9) Same as question 8, but you had the ability to add one thing in FFXI what would it be?

Bahamut as a Summon!!!

10) Name one Lakshmi player would you regard as a celebrity?

As I wasn't on Lakshmi very long, I don't know any. Back on Bismark I'd list Tredvolt, Corpse, Winraf and Maleckai.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 5:17 pm