PantsOfHonor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PantsOfHonor

A FFXI RP Linkshell on the Lakshmi Server - Please register with your character's name.

The Investigation of Doctor Shantotto

Nekaru
    Nekaru
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 156
    Jobs : Cor, Smn, Whm, Thf, Dnc, Nin

The Investigation of Doctor Shantotto Empty The Investigation of Doctor Shantotto

Post  Nekaru Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:54 pm

Personal Feelings: I don't like her one bit.

Prologue: I have been asked to keep an eye on the good doctor for fear her power and ambition is getting out of line. Upon asking her colleges about her I came to the conclusion that she has mastered Black Magic and is highly skilled in White Magic.

She as also practiced training in the martial ways using a staff.

Investiation #1 (Martial Powers)
    I found this note curious so I went to the source (the doctor) and asked her about it myself. She seemed a little too eager at my request and kept calling me a 'test subject'. She gave me a staff of trials and told me to charge that baby up with magical weapon skill power and then bring it back to her. This feat took some time, but after it was accomplished I could feel the staff pulse with a soft energy. I knew it was time to return to her and see what she could teach me, else i would know that she was a charleton who was just trying to steal power from other sources.

She took the staff and then told me to go into Irfit's Cauldron and once in there I would find a magical skeleton. If I could defeat that thing then she would deem me worthy of learning her secret technique.

I went along with what she said just to find out if she was telling the truth. I recruted a monk and a red mage and we headed into the Volcano. Down there exactly were the map said was a powerful skeleton. With the Monk there it didn't take too long to take it down. It would've taken me a lot longer by myself. And then I returned to the doctor.

She surprised me by readily accepting proof of me overcoming her trial, and then she taught me the weaponskill, Retribution.

Summary: Doctor Shantotto is powerful in White Magic, Martial skills with the staff, and unparalleled in Black Magic. She looks down upon anyone she doesn't see as an equal (which is everybody) and thus could possibly have a hidden ambition.

Recomendation: Continue to monitor.
    Nekaru
    Nekaru
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

The Investigation of Doctor Shantotto Empty Re: The Investigation of Doctor Shantotto

Post  Nekaru Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:14 pm

Investigation #2 (Holy Empire of Shantotto)

This one is almost too crazy to believe, but I have Aldo who can support my story. Because of this I will skip to the summary.

Summary:
    Shantotto was meddling in new teleportation magics and sent herself to another demintion. In return the Shantotto of that world was sent to our world. And apparently in both worlds Shantotto decided she would rule the world by turning everyone in it into Shantotto clones. (Yes, I know how rediculous this sounds.)

I assisted Aldo and Professor Koru-Moru in stopping Shantotto's plan from taking form. At the end, the original Shantotto showed up and sent the other Shantotto to another world. (Really, don't think about it, Shantotto is crazy.)

In the end things went back to normal, and this time Professor Koru-Moru will be keeping a closer eye on the doctor.

Recomendation: Continue to monitor. You don't know when Shantotto will try something like this again.

Aldo did reward me for my efforts with a very nice pair of pants. I will have to show those off because it is an honor to wear them.
    Nekaru
    Nekaru
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

The Investigation of Doctor Shantotto Empty Re: The Investigation of Doctor Shantotto

Post  Nekaru Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:22 pm

Investigation #3 (Broken Dolls)

I have been assisting Chumimi in trying to find out what could be ailing the Star Saplings that were growing in the basement of Heaven's Tower.

Summary:
    Doctor Shantotto led an expidition to Castle Zvahl back in the Great War and was using one of Professor Koru-Moru's dolls to detect foes. (This way they could sneak in and assist easier.)

Apparently the doll was lost, and placed a curse on the doctor. (I would conjecture that The Doctor did something to the doll that provoked this.)

Chumimi has asked me to investigate.

Upon getting there and recovering the doll, I found it placed under a magical seal, the likes of which I have ran into before, it was the work of Doctor Shantotto. Apparently she left the doll there behind on purpose. No wonder it cursed her.

I returned the doll to Chumimi and the Professors and Shantotto was releaved that the doll was no longer functioning. (I still don't know why the high and mighty Shantotto would be afraid of a curse. I know she's been known to make powerful curses herself in the past.)

Recomendation: Continue to monitor. There's something she's hiding. Professor Koru-Moru will be repairing the doll to try to get any information out of it. I wonder if there were more dolls she did this too.
    Nekaru
    Nekaru
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Nekaru Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:33 pm

Investiation #4 (The Summoner's Library)

Chumimi called upon my services again. Apparently they remembered that they hadn't done the cleaning of the magic sludge that collected in the canals below the Star Tree. (How do you forget that? And what is creating this 'magic sludge'? I know bastok pollutes the air with the smoke, but what type of magic are they using in Windurst to polute the waters?)

When I got back from doing that task, Doctor Shantotto showed up and Koru-Moru was rather upset at her for going into the Summoner's Library. She told him not to worry that it was old and musty and it ruined her hat. Thus she gave said hat to me. I feel dirty now. But it is a nice hat that will be useful for doing the Black Magic training I am working on currently.

Recomendation: Investigate what the doctor was investigating. I know that the Taru have a controlling view on magic. They are so used to having magical power at their bidding they don't understand that summoning magic is all about pacts and partnering up with the avatars. If you try to control them bad things will happen. Speculation says that might've been the cause of the great tradgety with Fenrir during the great war. The Hero Karaha-Baruha might have tried to bend Fenrir to his will forcing the avatar out of his domain. That would have been bad. And would explain things. But what was Doctor Shantotto doing trying to figure this out?

Need to head to Windurst to do more investigatinos on Karaha-Baruha and the doctor.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:27 am