PantsOfHonor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PantsOfHonor

A FFXI RP Linkshell on the Lakshmi Server - Please register with your character's name.

3 posters

Rank Missions

Nekaru
    Nekaru
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 156
    Jobs : Cor, Smn, Whm, Thf, Dnc, Nin

Rank Missions Empty Rank Missions

Post  Nekaru Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:58 pm

After talking with Cathe, it seems the Rank 5 mission is pretty easy (if you have sneak/invis).

Going to be working on that with Jestor tonght and through this weekend while seeking for a party for the Shantotto fight on Nek.

If anyone is on they can tag along. (Want the airship pass!)
    Humaisna
    Humaisna
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 62
    Jobs : Paladin

Rank Missions Empty Re: Rank Missions

Post  Humaisna Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:20 pm

It's super easy. The only difficult spot was zoning back into Davoi from the Monastic cavern - got aggro from a bunch of orcs. The rest of it is long with a lot of running. The 2 quadav in Beaudeaux are named, but not NMs, so they aren't difficult. I think anyone in our group could solo it pretty easily at 45+.
    Aenini
    Aenini
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 142
    Jobs : WHM/BLM/SMN

Post  Aenini Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:31 pm

I thought we were all going to try to catch everyone up and go up the Ranks together?
    Humaisna
    Humaisna
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 62
    Jobs : Paladin

Post  Humaisna Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:43 pm

I'm not sure what we're doing anymore. I was just going to get to rank 5, switch over to Sandy and get to rank 4, then do the rank 5 mission with the group, since they're the same. But then I screwed up by accidentally accepting that other mission.

I'd love to tag along with the group for the mission, since missions are pretty good rp time.

But if you wanted to make it a girls night adventure, I don't imagine Humai would be that offended.
    Nekaru
    Nekaru
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Nekaru Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:29 am

I was waiting as well, but I will say the airship pass is very nice to have. So after I learned Cathe did it, I wanted it on Jestor so I can get him to places easier.

And I think some people are ready to get AF armor, and to do that as a group we'd need people leveled up. And the best way to do that is to have a balanced party of six at an area for 2-3 hours with rings. Which we can do.

I'll try to look up the exp change when you go to an alliance 'cause I think it's a big hit to the exp gained. And if everyone is online we have 8, so exp will be slower than we gained this past week no matter if we do an allince of 8 or if we break into 2 parties of 4. (And I still don't think we can pull off the alliance unless we have 2 people who have jobs they want to level that are the same level so we can put one in each party.)

But that's something we'll have to decide, since I know a lot of us only log in once a week, so we can only really level as a group at that time. (And group leveling is the fastest way to level.) So that doesn't leave time for missions. And we're scattered out on those as well. Rhoa's still Rank 3 and has talked about moving to Windy. Humai got Rank 5 and wants to go to Sandy, and now we need to do the Rank 5-1 mission to let him do that. However that's a level capped fight at 50, so we'd need a party (with a monk) for that. Although it seems the only ones (once your 45+) you need help with are the two level capped fights (dragon for Rank 3, and skeletons after Rank 5) the rest sound soloable.

And then once we get into 50s is when we could start the AF quests. Which is good armor and lets you really look like your job. So a good goal might be to push people to 50 and then start AF as a group and do the missions on other time until we're all Rank 5.
    Nekaru
    Nekaru
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Nekaru Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:52 pm

Math:

Wow, this is the first time I've really gone into and broke down the numbers.

In a 6 person party each person gets 35% of the mob's exp. So on average we'd get 140-210 (200 because of exp cap) per fight (against IT mobs)

In an 8 person alliance each person gets 22% of the mob's exp. So on average we'd get between 88 and 132 exp per fight against IT mobs.

And the cap on mobs seems to be around 9 levels above the party level.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 6:54 pm