PantsOfHonor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PantsOfHonor

A FFXI RP Linkshell on the Lakshmi Server - Please register with your character's name.

2 posters

Summoner Changes!!!

Nekaru
    Nekaru
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 156
    Jobs : Cor, Smn, Whm, Thf, Dnc, Nin

Summoner Changes!!! Empty Summoner Changes!!!

Post  Nekaru Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:55 pm

I think SE 'finally' got it right.

For years they've been saying their goal was to have Summoners leave out their avatars rather than summon, Blood Pact, Release.

They split apart the Blood Pacts into Rage and Ward so the Ward ones would actually be used. But it was still the same.

Then they upped the Magic Damage of the avatars and made that damage increase based on the TP of the Avatar, which was nice, but still not MP efficent, so people didn't use it much.

The biggest problem they never addressed was the perpetuation cost. And now I think they got it right.

With this new ability Summoners get at 55, they can grant the Party a buff based on which avatar has been summoned. But wait there's more! It also reduces the perpetuation cost of the Avatar while this buff is in effect!

So now you can buff the Party just by having the avatar out, and still have it beating away at the mobs. I'm so excited by this!
    Saehel
    Saehel
    Sackholder
    Sackholder

Number of posts : 204
    Jobs : Monk, Puppermaster

Summoner Changes!!! Empty Re: Summoner Changes!!!

Post  Saehel Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:34 am

I can't want to see it in effect =D

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 6:06 pm